” I have this dream that, secretly, all teenage girls feel exactly like me. And maybe one day, when we realize that we all feel the same, we can all stop pretending we’re something we’re not… But until that day, I’m going to keep it real on this blog and keep it unreal in real life.
Penny has a secret.
Under the alias GirlOnline, Penny blogs her hidden feelings about friendship, boys, high school drama, her crazy family, and the panic attacks that have begun to take over her life. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets Noah, a gorgeous, guitar-strumming American. Suddenly Penny is falling in love—and capturing every moment of it on her blog.
But Noah has a secret, too, one that threatens to ruin Penny’s cover—and her closest friendship—forever.”-Barnes and Noble’s overview.
This novel portrays a beautifully realistic depiction of the average female adolescent’s thoughts, emotions, actions, and reality.
Through out this book, Penny’s character development is evident. This most definitely leads to a comical journey engaging the reader in a modern adventure full of emotional twists and turn.
Girl Online is the first book in a recently announced series. It is also the first novel written by Zoe Sugg (also known as Zoella on YouTube).
Rating:☆☆☆☆☆(5 out of 5 stars)
Buy it here:
Barnes and Noble:http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/girl-online-zoe-sugg/1120323832?ean=9781476797458
Have a fantastic day!
Until next time,
- Pencils: to take notes.
- I used to believe the only information I gained from high school was what I
memorized “learned” to later regurgitate for a grade.
- That’s not the case. I learned:
- How to deal with difficult teachers = How to deal with difficult bosses.
- How to productively manage stress.
- How to manage my time.
- Highlighters: pay extra attention
- It could be gigantic or it could be miniscule, but there is a least one highlight in every day. Cherish it.
- And every day, try to be someone else’s highlight. It will make them feel good and it will make you feel good.
- Erasers: to forget mistakes.
- Everyone makes mistakes. I’ve lost friends and made friends while in high school. It is important to know how to forgive and forget because carrying around that baggage doesn’t help anyone.
- A Lock: to protect what’s yours
- You have a mind of your own. Make your own decisions. Do not do something you are not comfortable with because you want to fit in.
- In four years (maximum: depending on what grade you are in), the person/people you are receiving peer pressure from won’t be in your life anymore, but you will be left with the consequences and responsibility for your own decisions.
- A Watch: keep track of time.
- When you’re struggling to stay awake during emotionally trying lectures because (1) they’re boring and (2) you stayed up late the previous night doing mountains of homework, I know, time stands still.
- But when you look back at the end of your senior year, you won’t believe how quickly your high school experience flew by.
This post was inspired by “How to put on your face”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f49xeXdFSgc
I hope this post made you smile 🙂 Have a great day!
Until next time,
(Random Thought of the Day: Question-“Is the glass half empty or half full?” Answer-“It depends on the level the water was at before it reached that halfway point. If at first it was empty, then it would be considered half full at the halfway point. If at first it was full, then it would be considered half empty at the halfway point. Right?)
Anyway…To start, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
In my opinion:
Being thankful is all about counting your blessings and seeing the bright side in everything no matter how hard it may be. No one is perfect and everyone has their burden to carry in life. Some people just hide it better than others. (1) Don’t be jealous of someone else’s life. Everything happens for a reason. You were given your life and they were given theirs. That person might seem perfect on Instagram, but most people don’t post their bad side and sad moments on social media. You never know what that person might have to deal with behind closed doors. (2) Remember, everything is relative to your point of view and perspective. There might be something about your life that you do not like, but “If most of us threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.”-Regina Brett (I changed the quote a little bit). (3) Seeing the bright side of everything: Examples- Waking up at 5:30 am on a Monday morning sucks, but be thankful you woke up at all. If someone you love is annoying you, be thankful that person is even in your life.
I hope this post was inspiring in some way. I am thankful to all of you who read my blog. I really do appreciate it!
What are you thankful for? Please comment and have a Happy Thanksgiving and a great day! 🙂
Until next time,
“The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.”-Rafiki, The Lion King
“The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability.”-Remy, Ratatouille
“If watching is all you’re going to do, then you’re going to watch your life go by without you.”-Laverne, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.”-Emperor, Mulan
“You are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”-Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh
“Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten. “-Lilo, Lilo & Stitch
“Even miracles take a little time.”-Fairy Godmother, Cinderella
“Go. Live your dream.”-Hook Hand Thug, Tangled
“You’re mad, bonkers, off your head! But I’ll tell you a secret: all the best people are.”-Charles Kingsleigh, Alice in Wonderland
“Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it.”-Helen Parr/Elastigirl, The Incredibles
Comment what your favorite Disney quotes and movies are and thank you for visiting my blog. Have a great day!
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”-Leonardo Da Vinci
“No pain is permanent”-Unknown
“Sometimes a short walk down memory lane is all it takes to appreciate where you are today”-Susan Gale
“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone”-Unknown
“Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions”-Will Smith
“Strive for progress, not perfection”-Unknown
“Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will”-Karim Seddiki
“You can’t rush something you want to last forever”-Unknown
“I am not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance”-Jon Stewart
“Stop hating yourself for everything you’re not. Start loving yourself for everything you are”-Unknown
Comment what some of your favorite inspirational quotes are and thank you for visiting my blog 🙂
- Am I Wrong by Nico & Vinz
- American Dream by MKTO
- Classic by MKTO
- Don’t Wanna Dance Alone by Fifth Harmony
- Latch (feat. Sam Smith) by Disclosure
- Not A Bad Thing by Justin Timberlake
- She Looks So Perfect by 5 Seconds of Summer
- Shower by Becky G
- Sirens by Cher Lloyd
- Stay With Me by Sam Smith
- Take You to Rio by Ester Dean
- That Song In My Head by Julianne Hough
- Try by Colbie Caillat
- Wanna Say by Kat Graham
- Work by Iggy Azalea
- Fancy (Clean Version) by Iggy Azalea
- Just Fine by Mary J. Blige
Please comment what songs you can’t get enough of and thank you for visiting my blog!